Awesome! If you’re here, it means you’ve decided to trust us with importing your financial data. We promise you won’t regret it. However, here are the things we need from you:
- We need an exported CSV or excel file containing the following fields:
- At least 1 identification column; remote_id (if you didin’t use this during your people import, don’t worry about it), email, phone number.
- Contribution date (mm/dd/yyyy).
- Contribution Type (e.g. ACH, credit card, check, cash, etc…).
- Fund name.
- Amount (any format typically works).
- First name.
- Last name.
- optional Check number.
- We need YOU to create the new funds you are keeping (it might be all of them or new ones) in Planning Center. If the names of the funds are different than what is in your old system or what was exported, you’ll need to provide us with a mapping document telling us which old funds go to the new funds (e.g. “Tithe 2054” is now “General Fund”).
- Lastly, we need you to provide us with a personal access token that you can generate at the bottom of the planning center api access page.
THATS IT! Once you’ve gathered all that information, you can email it to email@example.com. Typically, our average turnaround time is a couple of days assuming we don’t run into issues. Once we’re done, we’ll ask you to verify the import (totals, funds, people), and then we’ll commit it for you.