We’re hiring a product specialist.
Part time / 3 month contract (to start)
tl:dr; We’d like to hire someone to help support and own the PCOMVP product – email, chat, onboarding, performing premium imports, and maybe help with some documentation. We’re not entirely sure what all it would encompass, so we’re starting this person on a part-time (20 hours per week) contract for the first 3 months to see how it goes.
Who we are
PCOMVP builds cool apps on top of Planning Center. This app helps churches migrate their data into Planning Center. Specifically, donation history, notes, and pledges. Churches want to maintain a lot of their data, and our app helps them do that. Some churches want to do it themselves, others want us to do it – we call that our premium service.
After we built the PCOMVP import tool, we built GivFlow to help churches take full advantage of all the giving data they just migrated. Planning Center is great, but some churches just want to do more analysis around their giving and that’s where GivFlow steps in. A lot of times, this conversation gets brought up in doing imports for churches so it’s easy way to bring up GivFlow and what it could offer.
We launched the PCOMVP app in 2018. Since then we brought in someone (I’m sure you’ll meet him!) to help us build a new and better version. We’re attempting to grow GivFlow now as that’s where we see the future of the business. However, in order to do that, we need to bring in someone to help manage the PCOMVP import tool!
We need help! From top of funnel when customers start asking questions about the product, to after they purchase and need help using the app. Sometimes this means jumping on a zoom call and doing a screen share, or it might just be being super responsive to email support requests. The right person for this role should be able to talk to customers and help them solve their problems.
Here’s how to tell if you’ll be a good fit for this role.
- You have experience with Planning Center or are familiar with the product and how it works.
- You’re great at talking to people and being patient while you help them work through their problems.
- You’re pretty good at excel and are familiar with CSV files.
- You write well (we’re lacking documentation 😉).
- You have a passion for helping churches!
- You’re somewhat technical or have had experience with importing software in the past (they generally work the same).
- You have some sales experience. The majority of customers that use this tool, can use GivFlow. Finding charismatic ways to throw it into the conversation without being pushy (just listening to their problems mostly), can be a great growth hack for us.
- You’ve worked at a church and are generally able to relate to the people you’re talking to.
- You’ve used Planning Center Giving.
- You’ve used our tool in the past and are familiar with how it works!
What you’ll likely be doing
Day to day
- Monitoring our email support inbox or chat widget for customers or future customers that have questions or need help.
- Talking to customers on the phone or over zoom answering questions or working through any issues they might be experiencing.
- This might mean taking control of someone’s machine to help walk them through something.
- You could be modifying CSV files or correcting some data that has been malformed.
- Opening up log files that is produced by our software and telling the customer what the issue is.
- Making notes on common problems and writing support documentation on those problems in our WordPress website.
Why you might want to work here
We’re tiny. No politics, just problem solving. We rarely have meetings. There’s no micromanaging. As the company continues to grow, you’ll have a front row seat to what it’s like working with a small bootstrapped start-up! Your input means something here! The person closest to the customer knows the most and that’s you. If you want to provide input into the product you’re helping support and help mold it, this is your chance!
Why you might not want to work here
We have no idea what we’re doing and literally just figuring it out as we go. I keep using we like there’s a bunch of folks working here, and it’s just me (Evan) and our contracted developer (Colton). So see, I’m not even sure how to write this properly. We think we’re hitting a growth stage, but not totally sure so we can’t offer any concrete roles. We’re hoping you provide enough impact to where the 3 month contract grows into something bigger, but the reality is we just aren’t totally sure and we’re trying this out.
If you need a lot of structure or hand holding to thrive, this likely isn’t for you.
$25 / hr @ 20 hours a week on a 3 month contract is what we can guarantee and is what we’re hiring for. After we have a better picture, this could change.
How to apply
Please write something that tells us why we’re a great fit for each other and what you see the future being like if we work together.
You don’t need to include a resume, but that doesn’t mean we’re not interested in what you’ve done in the past. We’re just leaving it up to you to tell your story the way you want to tell it.
When you’re ready, email email@example.com!